Begin A New Minecraft Adventure

Accepted PlayerHelper application

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Application' started by Th3RealFreak, Jan 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1) How Old Are You? (Need to be at least 15 years old)
    I am 25 years old.

2) Whats You Minecraft In-Game Name?
    Th3RealFreak

3)What Are You Applying For?(E.G Helper,Mod,Admin)
    PlayerHelper or Moderator, I have no preference.

4) What Is Your Timezone?
    GMT+1 Amsterdam

5) Why Do You Want To Be Staff?
    I take joy in- and prioritise helping other people. This point is especially driven home by the fact I made SuperHub on RexKraft. Countless hours of work just to be able to help other players progress.

When anyone has questions or issues in chat I am usually the first to respond if I know I can help the person in question.
    As a normal player I am sadly limited in helping other people solve problems. As someone with a staff position I will be more able to help out in any way I can.

I'm interested in strengthening the team with my decade long experience in managing players, managing servers(outside of Minecraft included) & balancing features. I believe I will be a strong pillar in the team who is reliable and can give advise to both staff & players.

6) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?

I can spend 1-8h on my days off work & 1-3h on work days.

7) Anything else we should know?
    My name is Lars & I'm from the Netherlands.

8) Do you have a microphone
    Yes.

9) Do you have any past staff experience?
    I cannot give you any relevant references relating to Minecraft, but I have owned and managed small Minecraft servers back in the day. We're talking 5-7 years ago, though these servers never got more than 50 players.

Beside minecraft I am a veteran in Conquer private servers. I have developed, managed and/or owned over 10 servers in the past 11 years with multiple partners. I have experience in working together in a team, helping & supporting players, planning features, balancing features & developing them. Though development on conquer is done through scripting on Navicat and not coding java, so I'm afraid I won't be of much use in the plug-in development side of things.

I have real-life experience managing people and helping them as I run a department in a DIY store for nearly 2 years now.

10) How would you deal with a hacker?
    To find out whether or not someone is cheating/hacking I will inspect them in /v until I collected enough evidence to remove any reasonable doubt. Then, depending on what I personally can and can't do as PlayerHelper/Moderator I will either report video evidence to senior staff or perm ban without question. I show no mercy to cheating/hacking.
    Any action that is taken will be recorded and shared with other staff members.

If I find out someone is exploiting a feature I will collect evidence and discuss with staff on how to handle the situation.

11) How would you deal with a spammer in chat?
    3 time's a charm. You get 3 warnings from me, after that it's 1h mute, 12h mute, 1d mute, 7w mute.
    Depending on the severity of the spam & context the player may also receive a temporary ban.
    Any action that is taken will be recorded and shared with other staff members.

12) Why should we choose you over other applicants
    I have a vast amount of experience dealing with players. Helping and supporting them both on Minecraft and Conquer. Due to my job I have a lot of experience with people in general aswell. I've seen them at their worst in the form of customers & working together with the people in my team. All in all I have 11+ years experience working with people both online and offline.

I've been told my maturity level is higher than normal for my age. I do like to mess around on Minecraft to let off steam, though. When need be I am a clear headed individual who can give a objective opinion and/or advise. I strive to ensure fair treatment to everyone.

Regards,
    Lars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.